Tuesday, August 12, 2014

ellagee Doctor Who collection Part 2--the greens

Holy cow! Summer hit Missouri this past week and the air has been so humid it is hampering my abilities to polish! Which is why, despite my best attempts, this post didn't happen last Friday as it should have...my polish wouldn't dry, it was applying all goopy and wonky, and in general I was a hot, cranky, tired mess!

Finally though, here is the last 2 of the 4 polishes I bought from ellagee's Doctor Who collection, and all I can say is...WOW.

First up is Void Stuff...it's a beautiful emerald green jelly polish loaded with green glitters! I used two coats, but should have done three thin ones...this was when I realized the humidity was hampering my polishing. I had trouble with this polish and I have no doubt it was the weather!! The humidity seems to mess with jellies more than any other formula, and I had some troubles with it wanting to goop up at the end of my nail and then pull back. I didn't have this problem with Sexy Old Girl from the same collection so I'm thinking it was the weather. I really thought I would love this polish, but it didn't speak out to me. It's a beautiful color, and so shimmery and shiny in the sunlight, but wasn't a favorite out of the 4. Here it is, in all its emerald green glory:



Next up is Medusa Cascade. Now, as I mentioned in my previous post, I'm not a Whovian. So I have no idea where the inspiration and name came from for this polish. All I know is O.M.G. wherever the inspiration came from, it was amazing!
Medusa Cascade is a multi-chrome, shade shifting, wonderful batch of goodness that shifts from gold to yellow to orange to green to teal to blue. My boys said it was very dragon-like...whatever that means. Let me just say I spent 15 minutes in the shower looking at my nails from all angles in and out of the water to see all the colors. Yes, I am, in fact, easily amused, however this polish is just simply gorgeous. The formula is smooth but because it is a chromie, brushstrokes can show. Here it is, Medusa Cascade:



See all the pretty colors?!?!?! My friend Amy said it was no wonder I loved this polish because it was like the beach and ocean all in one polish. All the things I like :-)

Sadly I think Medusa Cascade is gone because Laura can no longer get the pigments used to make it, but she was working on some dupes of the original formulas of some of the multi-chromes in this collection so keep checking!

Forever polished,
The Unprofessional Polisher




No comments:

Post a Comment